Last updated September 15, 2020
We understand that when you visit our website, http://www.brokersonline.com (“website”, “us”, “we”, “our”), you need to know that your rights and privacy are protected at all times. We take this concern very seriously, which is why we’ve put together this privacy notice.
- WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
In Short: We automatically collect information about how you interact with our site. This information is anonymous, and you can opt-out of allowing us to use it easily.
Other Automatically Collected Information
In Short: Some other information, such as your IP address, location, and device characteristics, is also collected automatically. Again, this is anonymous and you can opt-out of us using it.
To maintain the security of our website, and for internal analytics and reporting purposes, we may collect device and usage information. This information does not reveal your specific identity. The information we collect includes:
- Log and Usage Data – Log data may include your IP address, device information, browser type and settings, and information about your activity in the Website (such as the date/time stamps associated with your usage, pages, and files viewed, searches, and other actions you take such as which features you use), device event information (such as system activity, error reports (sometimes called ‘crash dumps’) and hardware settings).
- Device Data - We collect device data, such as information about what type of computer, phone, or tablet you are using to access our website. Depending on the device used, this device data may include your location, browser type, hardware model, and operating system. We collect this data so that we can assure the website works well for you.
- Location Data – We collect information about your device’s location, which can be either precise or imprecise. How much information we collect depends on the settings of the device you use to access our website. For example, we may collect geolocation data that tells us your current location (based on your IP address). You can opt-out of allowing us to collect this information either by disabling location services on your device.
In Short: We may collect personal information that you provide to us. You can request to have your data erased at any time.
We collect personal information that you voluntarily provide to us, such as when you contact the website or register for our newsletter. The personal information that we collect depends on the context of your interactions with us but may include the following: names; email addresses; and other similar information.
If you want this data to be erased, or you don’t want to hear from us again, you can email [email protected]. If you are unsure whether or not you’ve provided us with personal information, you can also email [email protected].
- HOW DO WE COLLECT YOUR INFORMATION?
In Short: We use several tools to collect and process both personal and anonymized data. Each of these tools is also committed to ensuring your privacy and you can find details about them below.
- HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
In Short: We process your information for purposes based on business interests, aiding and assisting you, compliance with our legal obligations, and to keep our website secure.
We use the information we collect or receive:
- To improve your experience by personalizing the website for you
- To respond to your inquiries and solve any potential issues you might have with the use of our website
- To send you any email newsletters or communications that you have registered for
- To better manage the website through the use of population metrics
- To provide third parties with information on our users via population metrics, but not with personal, identifiable information
- To help keep our website secured and combat fraud.
We only collect and process your data for the purposes listed above, and only if you have given consent for us to use your data in these ways. Should your data be used for purposes outside those listed above, the reason will always comply with reasonable and legitimate business practices. This may include using your anonymous data to improve products and services.
- WILL YOUR INFORMATION BE SHARED WITH ANYONE?
We only regularly share information with the third parties mentioned earlier in this policy; Google Analytics, Google Search Console, Google Tag Manager, Clicky, Cloudflare, and Hotjar.
In rare circumstances, we may also share information to comply with legal obligations or in the event of sale, purchase, or reorganization of the business.
- HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION?
We keep your information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this privacy notice unless otherwise required by law. When data is no longer needed, we will ensure that is erased or anonymized securely.
- HOW DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION SAFE?
We protect your personal information through a system of organizational and technical security measures. Despite these safeguards, unfortunately, no technology can be deemed 100% secure and so we cannot promise that no one will be able to defeat our security measures. Although we do our best to protect your data, you use our website at your own risk. You should only access the website with a secure connection.
- DO WE COLLECT INFORMATION FROM MINORS?
We never knowingly collect data from or market to children under 18 years of age. BrokersOnline is not intended to be used by minors. If you are a minor, please do not provide any information to this website.
- WHAT ARE YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS?
In Short: In some regions, such as the European Economic Area and California, you have rights related to your personal information and data. You can view these rights, and learn how you can assert them below.
If you are visiting this website from within the European Economic Area, you have the right to:
- Request Access to Your Data – You can ask to see any data we have about you and to obtain a copy of it. When this happens, we will send you an email containing all of the information, although our DPO may reach out first to verify your identity.
- Request To Be Forgotten – At any point, you can invoke your right to be forgotten. If you assert this right, we’ll anonymize all of your personal information in our possession, and we’ll let our third-party vendors of your decision so they can do the same
- Restrict Data Processing - If there’s something you don’t want us to do when we are processing your data, you have the right to tell us. We will comply with all restrictions requested, assuming that it is within our power to do so.
- Change Your Data – If you ask us to rectify your data, we’ll be happy to change or correct any erroneous information we have from you. We’ll also get in touch with our third-party vendors so they can take the same steps.
- Transfer Your Data - You can ask us to move your personal information to another third-party location at any time.
- Object to Marketing – We sometimes use your data so that we can offer experiences and offers that are personalized for each of our users. If you’d prefer that we don’t use your information this way, let us know and we’ll make sure that your data isn’t processed to create such marketing materials.
To invoke any of these rights, or to complain about anything in our data policy, please contact our DPO at [email protected]. We will respond to your request within 30 days.
If you are visiting as a resident of California, you also have specific rights regarding access to your information.
California Civil Code Section 1798.83, also known as the “Shine The Light” law, permits our users who are California residents to request and obtain from us, once a year and free of charge, information about categories of personal information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes. You can also ask for the names and addresses of all third parties with which we shared personal information in the immediately preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request in writing to us using the contact details at the bottom of this page. We will respond to your request within 30 days.
We may update this policy from time to time. At the top of the page, you can see when the policy was last updated. Any revisions will be effective as soon as they are accessible to you. We encourage you to review this policy regularly to stay informed about how we are securing your data.
- HOW CAN YOU CONTACT US?
We offer different points of contact that can help you with a variety of questions or concerns you may have about our site.
- If you have a question or comment about the website, why not drop a line to our product team? You can get in touch with them at [email protected]
Office 1/2514, Level G,
Quantum House, 75, Abate Rigord Street,
Ta’ Xbiex, XBX 1120